29 December 2013

The Wolf at His Door (The Runes Trilogy #1) Review

Title:The Wolf at His Door (The Runes Trilogy #1)

 Author:

Synopsis: Twenty-one-year-old Alec Rune is annoyed when his older sister, Lucy, ambushes him with a blind date with her friend, Jared. But Alec is immediately attracted to the intriguing, intelligent young man. 

But the past has claws... 
Ilene Rune nearly collapses when she meets her son’s new boyfriend. His black hair and startling green eyes are the same as a man she knew years ago—an evil, violent man with strange powers.

The present has teeth... 
Investigating a string of missing persons cases leads Detective Carmen Salazar into the dark world of fairy tales and fantasy—and shakes her belief in what is possible or imagined.

And the future is filled with blood... 
Alec awakes from a coma with no recollection of the night his twin brother was torn to pieces. As a madman closes in on him and his family, can Alec learn the werewolves’ plan before his entire family is destroyed


My Review:

 It’s been quite a while, since I have done any reviews here, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been reading. If you are aware of my Goodreads account (if not, where have you been all this time, just kidding) I have posted a review for “The Wolf at His Door”. Since my review was  short, and I think this wonderful book deserves more than just a paragraph, I want to write something here.

First of all, this isn’t a book for paranormal- romance lovers, I am sorry. This book is unique, and by saying that I mean this book is a perfect blend between horror, action, a little romance, and everyday life including normal society problems. When I write reviews, I never reveal anything about the story, because that is the blurb’s task.

This book was something new for me, and surprisingly I enjoyed reading this. The characters were real and not cheesy or cliché. You can notice that the author has talent, because the book just flows very well. Also I like the fact that the author hasn’t tried to hide the monster nature. There is a werewolf out there. And a werewolf is a huge, hungry monster, who will just skin you alive and eat you. This story has a horror feel, so read at your own risk. Of course, Dracula’s number one fan (that’s me) couldn’t do anything else, but enjoy a good horror story.

This book deserves five stars!

Recommended for people who love mysteries, horror, paranormal, but also a bit of romance and a sense of reality.


Book Link : Goodreads
____________________________________
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

{Stay a little longer}