03 March 2015

Thirst No.2 by Christopher Pike Review


Hello Bookworms,
It’s been a while since I have done a review of a book purchased by me. These kinds of reviews are so laid back. It’s like talking with your best friend about the book you both love. When I am reviewing books for book tours, I have to be strict. But here, oh I can fangirl as much as I want. Please let me welcome you to:
The “Thirst Vol.2” Review Fangirling (Thank you again Roberta for making me buy almost all his books, LOL. You will have to repay me now, haha. Not kidding!)
For the first volume review click here.

Title: Thirst No.2
Author: Christopher Pike
Blurb: What Alisa has desired for five thousand years has finally come true—she is once again human. But now she is defenseless, vulnerable, and for the first time in centuries, emotional. As she attempts to reconcile her actions as a vampire with her new connection to humanity, she begins to understand the weight of life and death decisions. Can Alisa resolve her past and build a new identity,
or is she doomed to repeat her fatal mistakes? From the paranormal series that netted more than 500,000 copies after its initial publication in 1994, this stylish, repackaged bindup is ideal for today’s vampire-savvy teen audience.


Review:
If you think you have read weird books, think again. Pike’s books aren’t for everyone, and if you aren’t accustomed to strange, weird things, then I don’t recommend you read it. You may say you have read a lot of paranormal/YA/horror/NA books, but I rephrase:
“This is nothing you have ever read before!”

Sita had dreamt for five thousand years to be human again. Her dream finally came true. But Sita is a 5000 years old vampire, who just attracts danger everywhere she goes, and puts herself in sticky situation. And being a human means having emotions, something she lacked off before. Being a human meant being defenseless, but Sita had to somehow protect herself. How can such a strong vampire bear to be so vulnerable? Was it worth it?
As you may already know, I have loved the first book, but I didn’t think I would love this even more.
This is the kind of book you are going to read in one sitting, because the non-stop action and the suspense is going to keep you awake at night. (I stayed until 2 am to finish it, okay?)

Now, let’s analyze another point. The mythology. I have been studying too much mythology lately, therefore I always love when books are based on unique legends. Here, we have a mix of mythology, religion, spiritualism, and some dark “alien” forces. Basically, it is a weird mess. The book is confusing, and a lot of reviewers have pointed out that it is too weird. Personally, I am comfortable with the weird stuff, and the book didn’t seem that confusing to me.
When I am reading, I get so into the book, that nothing seems unusual to me.

Of course, "Thirst" deserves five cats!



Links:

Have a great day!
Happy Scary Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Quote:
    "(Thank you again Roberta for making me buy almost all his books, LOL. You will have to repay me now, haha. Not kidding!)"
    And here I thought you had to pay ME for introducing to you such awesomeness ;P.

    Quote:
    "If you think you have read weird books, think again."
    This is the most appropriate tag for anything Pike LOL.

    And since you stayed up till 2 a.m., I do hope you didn't wake at 5 the next morning as you usually do!

    Oh, I almost forgot...I have a new set of unique monsters/freaks for you. Read The Bad Rescue of Devon Streeter by B.C. Johnson - that's an order!
    (More books, I know. I'm merciless).


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta!!! Stop recommending me books... Anyways, I didn't wake up at 5 AM that day, but at 1 PM, lol. Paying you? Do you plan on making me broke?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Actually, Devon Streeter is only the 1st book in a duology, or maybe trilogy... ;P

      Delete

{Stay a little longer}